Our home rules are worked out at the dinner table every 4 months or so. The parents write two each, and the children select one each, with everyone having some input. At onepointt, our family rules with Mum, Dad, and 12, 14 and 15-year-old sons were written in bright textures and blue-tacked to the wall:
• No children going into each others rooms without the OK
• Everyone gets a chance to speak. No talking over.
• Use each others names, not nasty names.
• Don’t make upsets physical.
• Unpack school bags before playing.
• You must share. No teasing with sweets.
• Wash your hands if they are dirty and before meals.
Another sign on our wall in the kitchen reads:
IN OUR HOME
We Do Second Chances
We Do Mistakes
We Do I’m Sorry
We Do Funny
We Do Loud Really Well
We Do Hugs
We Do Family
We Do LOVE
Please feel free to borrow this, just as we did.
Same as the house rules - Same for everyone:
• be respectful
• treat others how you want to be treated
• help out when needed
BeDad App: Now the Second Best Dad App Worldwide
Disclaimer: The above content represents the private views of the authors. Primary, Raw, Authentic.
It does not constitute specific advice. They are your children. Its your call. You love your kids.
Privacy: The National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 apply to Henderson Technology Pty Ltd. Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you. We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of other persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information.
Bedad - Trademark Pending: All rights reserved. Copyright Henderson Technology P/L